Cuando Google publica sus estudios, pocas palabras bastan. Me siento tan identificado con cada una de las 5 etapas descritas, que puedo afirmar que Mapeando es mi respuesta humilde a todos los viajeros que se encuentran entre las dos primeras fases. He aquí su extracto:
More than 87% of travelers expect to take the same or more number of personal or business trips in 2011 versus years past. This outlook is positive, and with the rise of mobile, social and video behaviors, we are now seeing seeing travelers move through five key stages of travel. Here are some insights within each stage:
- Dreaming: 68% of business travelers watch travel-related online videos. Among them, 68% are thinking about a trip.
- Planning: The average traveler visits ~22 travel related sites during 9.5 research sessions prior to booking.
- Booking: 37% of leisure travelers report that the internet prompted them to book, up from 28% two years ago.
- Experiencing: 70% of business travelers check into their flights/hotel with their mobile device. Almost 1 in 4 hotel queries come from a mobile phone.
- Sharing: About 1 in 3 business travelers have posted reviews online of places they’ve been.